Reply To: Upcoming Changes to Fi/Ti, and F Attitudes

Home Page Forums General Psychology Upcoming Changes to Fi/Ti, and F Attitudes Reply To: Upcoming Changes to Fi/Ti, and F Attitudes

Chiron
Participant
  • Type: TiNe
  • Development: ll-l
  • Attitude: Adaptive

These are some important insights, and most make a lot of sense methinks ๐Ÿ™‚

The implicit assumption of Fe is that there is a biotic (often anthropocentric) vector-purpose-meaning (for example a mission, destiny) toย is-ness.

^I can vouch for this from my own experience. I’m essentially a nihilist as well, absurdist to be precise, but still have this underlying sense of a purpose ‘larger than myself’ that I just can’t shake ๐Ÿ˜› The way I’ve come to see things is that we are part of something bigger, namely the collective of all humanity and life on this planet. Having seen a lot of evidence for the existence of the collective unconscious as well, and for the fact that we have a ‘psychic’ effect on each other, I see it that much of what we do is in a sense guided by the overall flow and direction present in the grand scheme of things (what I call the Order of Things). To me, we do each have a potential ‘purpose’ to fulfill as the particular aspect of humanity that we are. And alignment to this purpose/order is the highest ethical calling because it’s how we can support the overall direction and well being of humanity. If we each play our part then humanity will be whole, and I see it that there is a universal (human-created) narrative taking place that aims to restore balance and wellness to this world.

This isn’t to say that I believe there to be intrinsic ‘meaning’ in anything. I see meaning as something human beings generate as a method of coping with reality and motivating certain behaviors that lead to survival. But we are in a sense a collective super-organism which does indeed have overarching goals which aren’t necessarily comprehended by the individuals that make up the system. You can call this the ‘will of god’ if you like, but it’s more a coalescing of the collective wills of all living things. At least that’s how I’ve come to understand it.

• This reply was modified 5 months, 4 weeks ago by Chiron.

ยฉ Copyright 2012-2020 J.E. Sandoval
SEE HERE FOR MORE INFORMATION

DISCLAIMER

The content on this site is not
intended for medical advice, diagnosis,
or treatment. Always seek the advice
of your physician or other qualified
health provider with questions you
may have regarding a medical condition.
For more information visit this link.