Reply To: [Pi] How do you relate to this profile?

Home Page Forums Ask a Demographic [Pi] How do you relate to this profile? Reply To: [Pi] How do you relate to this profile?

Thana
Participant
  • Type: NiTe
  • Development: lll-
  • Attitude: Unseelie

I’m Pi III- rather than I— but I wanted to share my thoughts.

As an [NiTe/NiFe/SiTe/SiFe] you are a Worldview type – inescapably drawn to observe the world from a panoramic historical perspective, aiming to understand the essential narratives, events and movements that define the state of the world, whether at the local or global level. You aim to understand the process involved in technological or cultural shifts from one thing to another and you formulate long information chains that link together these shifts by their mutual associations. Over time this will prompt an internal landscape to arise in you that is created from these datasets, allowing you to elaborate on the conditions surrounding a given event or situation with exhaustive breadth. In conversations, this can cause you to drift into long monologues, unraveling a topic and all of its associated information in order to paint a complete picture of what you see.

This is true of a lot of Pi doms I’ve encountered, including myself. My interests are more towards philosophical, mystery, mystic/occultic traditions than politics (a reference further down the description). What I do is integrate these systems into an ever evolving and cohesive worldview. Or what I do is if I’m commenting on a topic, I typically integrate seemingly disparate topics together in order to get to the main point. For example, I’m currently doing research and writing an essay on decadence culture and the topics it pools from are polyvocal – aesthetics a la Nietzsche, Adorno, Hegel, and Kant. Some Foucault, religious experiences as laid out by William James, and the meaning crisis. All these topics are combined to convey the zeitgeist we live in.

This exhaustive array of facts will inescapably make you an anticipator of outcomes, for better or worse. Your memorized archive of changes across time will guide you to take the long-term view, manifesting in an appreciation for historical consequences. And because of your internal map of the local or global landscape, you’ll inevitably uncover trends that you sense will lead to hazards or disasters. While others may be quick to propose naïve solutions to immediate problems, you constantly ask yourself “how would this affect the overall landscape in the long term?” and your breadth of information will supply the material from which to wager probabilities and cast predictions. Thus, you tend to have a level of prudence about you, independent of your age. You are generally a cautious person with conservative tendencies, and you notice warning signs quickly.

This is mostly true. This is a minor anecdotal point but it’s less about having an archive of facts in my arsenal more so how these facts are weaved to create a certain narrative, outcome, or paradigm. I actually don’t remember a lot of specifics that I’ve read but instead remember how I come to apprehend the material, and then apply those skills for the future. I do tend to get on people for their lack of context and historicity, and not being mindful of the conceptual and cognitive framework they’re operating under – relying too much on the present and the anecdotal when looking at broader phenomena.

Sometimes the warnings you identify are connected to large institutions and social bodies. When this happens, your attention may turn to those in power and what they’re doing wrong in their leadership. This will direct your investigation into the details of the political structures of society, such as their foundational documents, the circumstances of their creation, their core doctrines and how they progressed into their current states. You sense that society needs to have a wiser approach to its operation, and a tradition of teaching in general, if it’s to thrive. To this effect, you like offering guidance and are worried whenever there is no mechanism of guidance in place for society. This is part of your motivation for criticizing politics, as you want them to lead with wisdom. The institutions that we trust with our lives should be dependable, and you see the devastating effects that would result if this isn’t addressed.

This seems oddly specific, why politics? I don’t specifically comment on politics, but I can see where other Pi might be interested in politics since it’s a distillation of something larger within the human condition. The general ethos of this sentiment I could get behind though.

But your own involvement in politics will be minor, as you feel you’d be of greater service as a commentator than as an actor on the political stage itself. While you may have a lot to say about the societal situations, in day to day life you have a phlegmatic and lethargic disposition. You are slow, lumbering and steady – prone to drift through datasets in a meandering fashion.

This is where I diverge from the l—, being lll- I’m more rigid, precise, and slightly faster paced. I can vacillate between phlegmatic (Pi), melancholic (Ji), and choleric (Je).

You spend your time attending to matters of personal necessity while remaining ever watchful, perhaps woeful, of the situation outside your window. Yet, being so inclined to look out the window with cautious eyes, your relationship to the spontaneous present will be stunted. People may see you as stiff and may encourage you to loosen up more, to let go of inhibitions or take things easier. Getting into a state of playfulness and innocent flow will be a challenge for you, as doing risky things that require no forethought may seem frivolous and foolish. Yet despite whatever conscious critique you may feel for such frivolity, there will be a secret, perhaps unconscious, envy in you towards those who are blissful carefree and unburdened by thoughts of the future. Your unconscious may view this missing facet, which can experience a direct contact with life and is able to exist without fear, as a spiritual aspiration within you. Locked within your prudence and maturity is a youthful purity and readiness to just “be.” In rare occasions, this facet will come out of you in episodes of uninhibited play that remind you once again what the purpose of your precautions is for in the first place; it’s for the preservation of the ability to live.

I’ve always joked that I never experienced the real or typical teen/early 20s experience. I went from childhood straight to middle age. I do envy those who seem freer and more carefree. Within every senex is a puer. Part of “old age” comes with acceptance of the absurdity of life; contending with the absurdity of life comes with laughing at the blatant contradictions and paradoxes life presents us with. You either try to work against it or resign yourself to the seeming meaningless of it all and despair, or embrace it and find value in it.

• This reply was modified 6 months, 1 week ago by Thana.

© Copyright 2012-2020 J.E. Sandoval
SEE HERE FOR MORE INFORMATION

DISCLAIMER

The content on this site is not
intended for medical advice, diagnosis,
or treatment. Always seek the advice
of your physician or other qualified
health provider with questions you
may have regarding a medical condition.
For more information visit this link.