Reply To: Newfound Free Time Due to Self-Quarantine

Home Page Forums The General Hall Newfound Free Time Due to Self-Quarantine Reply To: Newfound Free Time Due to Self-Quarantine

Animal
Participant
  • Type: SeFi
  • Development: lll-
  • Attitude: Unseelie

Aside from not going to work/school, for us this is completely normal.  I spend most of my time writing my books, and both @Ivory and I post on typology forums.  Although we have a couple irl friends, they live far away and we rarely keep contact in between occasional visits. Our small friend ‘group’ is in a chatbox online.

Normally, @Ivory goes to classes and we both work weekends, which now is not happening. But overall, we spend most of our time at home. We order in as often as possible, go to the grocery rarely and stock up so we don’t have to go out again for weeks. The only thing we like doing outside the house is art stuff (videos, photos), taking walks in nature or eating (only because food is a necessity and we hate cooking).  For a long time, we have hoped we can start an online business (if we think of something) so we never have to leave the house at all, aside from doing what we do with nature and art.  If we had more money we would just order in all the time.

‘Social distancing’ is just how we are. I always go out of my way to avoid shaking people’s hands and if I touch humans I wash my hands.  We both don’t hang out, go to clubs or bars, meet people, etc.   We are not really feeling a significant difference except that our wallets are even more empty than usual, and I’m on edge since I’m high risk – due to chronic respiratory issues, immune issues, chronic illness — and my brother who lives with us is still working at a grocery store.

My major thought is “I hope I (and those I love) don’t die” and “We’re broke.”  If we did not live with my brother and we had money, I doubt I’d think about it much at all.  Issues around its impact on the world, ethics about how to handle it, etc – that is something I’d think about  no matter what – but its impact on me personally is only relevant in the area of illness and money.

• This reply was modified 6 months, 2 weeks ago by Animal.

© Copyright 2012-2020 J.E. Sandoval
SEE HERE FOR MORE INFORMATION

DISCLAIMER

The content on this site is not
intended for medical advice, diagnosis,
or treatment. Always seek the advice
of your physician or other qualified
health provider with questions you
may have regarding a medical condition.
For more information visit this link.