Reply To: Notes on Emotional Intelligence

Home Page Forums Cognitive Functions Notes on Emotional Intelligence Reply To: Notes on Emotional Intelligence

Animal
Participant
  • Type: SeFi
  • Development: lll-
  • Attitude: Unseelie

If you’re not apologizing then why would you bring up “it isn’t manipulation to apologize?” I am always apologizing when I do misunderstand someone, so again, I am not sure who it is that you think you’re talking to.  You have yet to address anything I actually said in my posts – in fact, from the first post, you answered by saying “What are your motives?” and when I responded you proceeded to tell me what my motives were.  Then when I told you that your assessment was wrong and why, you did not address my points again, and instead brought up some apology that you were unwilling to make.  This is nonsensical.  I definitely don’t wish to continue this either.  I hope your other discussions here are more fruitful – mine certainly are.

Edit:

As a final note, I will say that my interest is not criticizing anyone’s character. I am critical of ideas, concepts, even worldviews – but this is not a critique of someone personally. They may take it personally, as their ideas and world views are part of who they are – and I also respond with passion because indeed I am passionate about my views. Perhaps it would be ideal for me to have more equanimity and less passion. However, attachment to groups or people is not where I’m coming from. I don’t go around telling people what their inner motives are, or writing in public that someone lacks emotional intelligence.  Their EQ or IQ is not my concern – my concern is to discuss a particular idea.  Therefore it’s easy to see that for me, it’s not about ‘people’ but rather about ‘ideas.’  I am arguing that from my POV, your ideas about others are unfounded. I am not arguing that your inner motives or your character are X, Y or Z. This is way too much personal involvement for me.  I do enjoy assessing people’s motives through a system like enneagram, but that allows me to keep personal distance and simply channel my knowledge of typology to address an issue.  The interpersonal overload is why I left discord and why I don’t see myself as part of any group – aside from the one where I am a leader, and which encompasses my direct vision. I see my friends as equals, whose visions may overlap and conjoin as we take on a project together, but I don’t see us as a ‘collective unit.’  Throughout my life, my most major projects have been completely alone, and I like it that way.

In general, I defend what is right, not who is right. This is why your assessment of me seems to be more about you than it is about me. Because you are describing a person that gets over-involved with people and identifies with their place among people.  My involvement is not with the person but the idea.  That is my interest in the forum.  This is why you won’t see me going around telling people my assessment of their interior motives – because I have no interest in being too personally entangled with anyone except my few close friends. Defending others from insults because I feel it’s morally sound to do so (either in the moment or in the grand scheme, such as defending the overall vision of CT), is not the same as being ‘one of them.’

So why am I writing this out?  My post was initially shorter but I came back to clarify.  Why?  It was tempting to blow you off, but I decided it’s more important to be very clear about why you are wrong. Even though I expect this will be meaningless to you, and will be misinterpreted by you, I want others who may happen upon this argument to understand why I don’t believe I am the person you say I am. Of course, they can assess me for themselves if they so choose. But this is important if we are talking about typology and motives, and regarding the people on the forum as real ‘data.’ So I want to be clear about myself as a ‘data point,’ and also because I prefer examining issues deeply and getting to a conclusion.  I already invested this much time in the argument; I might as well make my point clear. Obviously, this post is about my view on me, so there’s no need for you to respond.

• This reply was modified 6 months, 3 weeks ago by Animal.

© Copyright 2012-2020 J.E. Sandoval
SEE HERE FOR MORE INFORMATION

DISCLAIMER

The content on this site is not
intended for medical advice, diagnosis,
or treatment. Always seek the advice
of your physician or other qualified
health provider with questions you
may have regarding a medical condition.
For more information visit this link.