Reply To: Ti: Emotional Shutoff

Home Page Forums Cognitive Functions Ti: Emotional Shutoff Reply To: Ti: Emotional Shutoff

Quin
Participant
  • Type: NiTe
  • Development: l---
  • Attitude: Seelie

@Ninth

I was under stress my whole childhood. I perceived my family as intrusive. It felt like I never had enough time alone, because I had my mother supervising all my studies for school and telling me what to do in the car, and the family drama always trying to drag me in at the table and so on, so I snuck alone time wherever and whenever I could – I built a fortress of a shell around my mind, being and mental tools (such as computer or books) to get my own space.

I get what you’re saying though, I suppose, as this is a long-term habitual stress response. When my stress is from a source that is more pressing in the short-term, I may also scatter in the pursuit of escape. I’ll throw my mind into whatever looks like it will give me back my privacy and my sanity and the worse it gets, the more I also try to reaffirm power over (or through) self. This is not in opposition to closing myself off, however – they both occur in tandem. I shut off the source of offense and veer alone towards wherever I’ve scattered.

• This reply was modified 6 months, 3 weeks ago by Quin.

© Copyright 2012-2020 J.E. Sandoval
SEE HERE FOR MORE INFORMATION

DISCLAIMER

The content on this site is not
intended for medical advice, diagnosis,
or treatment. Always seek the advice
of your physician or other qualified
health provider with questions you
may have regarding a medical condition.
For more information visit this link.