Reply To: “Art” is not related to Ji nor “Variety” to Pe.

Home Page Forums Cognitive Functions “Art” is not related to Ji nor “Variety” to Pe. Reply To: “Art” is not related to Ji nor “Variety” to Pe.

LadyNerdsky
Participant
  • Type: FiNe
  • Development: ll-l
  • Attitude: Unseelie

@celeste Oh snap, yeah we posted virtually simultaneously making the same point. I think perhaps Ji makes an “artform” out of their outlet for expressing their values. We might traditionally define art with respect to music, dance, acting, writing, poetry etc. But other outlets in the external world can just as likely be political rallies, fighting for causes, attempting to effect change in the business world etc. For me, I think the dynamic between lead Fi and conscious polar Te, especially when young, meant an attitude of “what’s the point” or “that’s not effective” regarding expressing values in musical or artistic formats. It’s a lovely sentiment to want to change the world one song at a time, but I think other vehicles are more effective.

@animal
I over-simplified my attitude towards pursuing music professionally. Didn’t feel that writing a personal essay or resume would contribute much to the crux of the conversation. But honestly, I’m still healing from the hurt of closing that door to my life. It was closed for many complex reasons I don’t see much point in outlining, but I resonate with many of the attitudes you wrote about above. Life doesn’t work out the way we want, regardless of how hard we try or how much we want it.

© Copyright 2012-2020 J.E. Sandoval
SEE HERE FOR MORE INFORMATION

DISCLAIMER

The content on this site is not
intended for medical advice, diagnosis,
or treatment. Always seek the advice
of your physician or other qualified
health provider with questions you
may have regarding a medical condition.
For more information visit this link.