Reply To: “Art” is not related to Ji nor “Variety” to Pe.

Home Page Forums Cognitive Functions “Art” is not related to Ji nor “Variety” to Pe. Reply To: “Art” is not related to Ji nor “Variety” to Pe.

Animal
Participant
  • Type: SeFi
  • Development: lll-
  • Attitude: Unseelie

@LadyNerdsky

For me, expressing my inner experience through the arts is life or death. Period. I threw away my whole childhood happily – to practice scales, vocal exercises and writing. I took acting, dancing, singing and piano lessons and got 100% on NYSSMA state exams singing opera in other languages. My perfectionism was that extreme – even though I preferred broadway and rock to opera. I sang gigs every week and made money, and I had a pragmatic future plan. I saved up 10k by the time I was 15 and was recording my personal songs in NYC.  My original work always ended up concentrating on similar themes, which I now call ‘Erosia,’ my home planet.

It was nothing like “I considered maybe becoming a professional one day.” Never in my life have I felt this was a choice. I envy those who can pour their heart into a job that pays well and also contributes to the good of others. Because for me, anything less than ‘bringing Erosia to Earth’ would be death to my soul.

I got very sick at 16 and was left speaking in a whisper for the rest of my life. Nonetheless when I had a slightly healthier period, I sang lead through my whisper to front my band and recorded my first album. I cannot possibly explain how much sacrifice had to go into this. I spent every SECOND of my life maximizing my vocal potential through careful diets, exercise, vacuuming.. it was a science. I also managed, produced, promoted, taught everyone every part, auditioned people, booked, and did any practical thing I needed to uphold the shows. I wrote three full albums with concepts, stories, characters, meanings and details. Some songs came out perfect and others (most) I would refine extensively. It had to match, perfectly, the sentiment in my mind – regardless if that happened overnight or over decades.

I also wrote books in my early teens. Since I knew I couldn’t rely on doing music later on, I turned to writing. I was a horrible writer when it came to words; music was my second language – but I had intense and complex plots, characters and a universe that meant everything to me. So I dedicated my life to whipping myself into shape as a vessel through which they might emerge.

I’ve noticed a lot of the Ji people here, even those who are artists, see it as a hobby or a special talent that they can choose to pursue or not. “I decided to be a pro” sounds very practical but I never felt it was a decision.  Either I had to find some mediocre part time job so I could afford rent and still do my art , or I had to strive to make money doing my art. There was no other option.  (Aside from death.). Versatility, variety, open mindedness etc isn’t relatable in the slightest. I did not suffer so deeply from the loss of my voice just because I wanted to.  It’s because I have tunnel vision, obsession, and a need to complete these works. So when I read that Ji is the refined dedicated artist, and yet I see so many Ji leads doing art ‘on the side’ – I balk. Expressing Erosia was my life – long before I developed Ji – and I always will be.

I also agree with @Celeste. For Pe, fulfillment also does not have to come from the arts. I am just one example, and there are many other Pe leads like me that I can list off the top of my head. Trent Reznor, Jeff Martin, Jeff Beck, Lzzy Hale, etc — people who simply cannot see themselves living and breathing unless they do their music. But of course, many Pe leads find this same obsessive addictive single-minded fulfillment in other fields that aren’t artistic. And then, some just don’t work that way and prefer versatility. But versatility, open ended options & exploration should not be attributed to Pe, in my opinion. It’s more that in pursuing their interests, regardless how consistent or varied those may be, the Pe lead is a fast thinking opportunist.

• This reply was modified 7 months ago by Animal.

© Copyright 2012-2020 J.E. Sandoval
SEE HERE FOR MORE INFORMATION

DISCLAIMER

The content on this site is not
intended for medical advice, diagnosis,
or treatment. Always seek the advice
of your physician or other qualified
health provider with questions you
may have regarding a medical condition.
For more information visit this link.