Reply To: Ti: Emotional Shutoff

Home Page Forums Cognitive Functions Ti: Emotional Shutoff Reply To: Ti: Emotional Shutoff

Animal
Participant
  • Type: SeFi
  • Development: lll-
  • Attitude: Unseelie

Yes, in enneagram a lot of 6s are Ti lead, we have noticed. And six is a reactive type, and not a withdrawn type. Sixes under stress get hyper anxious. And with a four fix, a 6 can be obscenely reactive and emotional.

The ‘shutoff’ is apt for all of the withdrawn types – 4, 5, and 9 – but in different ways. 5 and 9 are fairly common for Ti as well, and both can shut off in different ways due to overwhelm.  But the specific ‘coveting of the self’ described is much more 5ish.  9 has more of a ‘tune-out,’ although 5 fixed 9s do describe something like this. One 953 we know, who was typed here as FiNe, would relate much more to this portion of the Ti description than you do, I’m sure.

I will even mention that as a 5 fixer who is a withdrawn core, I also relate to it – though I shut off empathy and receptivity to others, not my own emotions. It’s more about coveting my own inner self, including emotion, and shutting out the world.

It’s easily among the best type five descriptions I’ve seen though, if not the best. Funny how that can happen when someone isn’t looking hehe.

• This reply was modified 6 months, 4 weeks ago by Animal.

© Copyright 2012-2020 J.E. Sandoval
SEE HERE FOR MORE INFORMATION

DISCLAIMER

The content on this site is not
intended for medical advice, diagnosis,
or treatment. Always seek the advice
of your physician or other qualified
health provider with questions you
may have regarding a medical condition.
For more information visit this link.