Reply To: [Ji II–] How do you relate to this profile?

Home Page Forums Ask a Demographic [Ji II–] How do you relate to this profile? Reply To: [Ji II–] How do you relate to this profile?

Animal
Participant
  • Type: SeFi
  • Development: lll-
  • Attitude: Unseelie

In my personal experience I find many groundbreaking artists with perfected crafts are Pe. With or without developed Ji functions. To name a few that I know best: Trent Reznor, Jeff Beck and Jeff Martin are all groundbreaking artists. Lzzy Hale has mastered a sound, Amy Lee, Aurora, and so on. Some of these artists have Ji and some don’t.  @Devon is a member here who is Pe lead without any J, and spent a lot of time making his website represent him perfectly. Although his style is more vague and “Ne splatter” style, notice the writing in between the paintings and how much depth of meaning there is, even without J functions.

http://www.devonfarber.com/artwork.html

You’ve all seen my website too. https://ericaxenne.com

Some of the Ji lead members here who are artists either don’t have websites or their websites don’t show this much extensive organization, meticulous representation of meaning, etc.  Of course there are some Ji leads who do this (Prince, Michael Jackson, Bjork, Jared Leto etc) and probably some on this website. @Auburn  – you yourself are an excellent example of someone whose work is meticulously laid out, but you have developed two extroverted functions and you have talked about how this organization in public didn’t come naturally for you, if I’m not mistaken?  I’ve always had an in-depth website since I was a teen, even when I had to write complicated html in order to build one in the 90s. I just figured out how to do it one step at a time and made sure there was an analysis of the meaning of my work available at any era in my life. Most of the screenshots of my old websites are extremely artistic in and of themselves, since in the 2000s’ I built them in various adobe programs from scratch. Even the site itself was an art to show the art to show the art to show the art. There was always meaning upon meaning upon meaning. Each color, shape, or layout choice had a meaning which was related to the art it was showcasing.  I continuously develop my system of shapes, colors, elements, and meanings, or allow it to develop organically and then incorporate it into my internal language. Devon has been this way too since I first met him in 2001.  I see the same in SO MANY Pe lead artists and Ji does not seem to be a necessary component. When Devon and I go on about these depths of meaning, Ivory’s eyes glaze over. He doesn’t have patience for this.

Now of course you could say making websites is “extraverting.” But then there’s another part of this. In Michael Jackson’s interviews for example, when asked about the meaning of his work, he often says he just wants the audience to have fun. Or he says something vague.. like, “It’s about love.” So many Ji leads say things like this, whereas I find Pe leads really focusing on delivering some message from the aether. Pe and Pi are, after all, pattern recognition. The idea of an evolving thread of meaning is pervasive. For Ji, meaning is something singular, boundaried and absolute.

One possible way to address this (in my head at least, and I’m still mulling over it) is that Ji leads are much slower to commit to ‘having found the meaning,’ whereas Pe leads may sense meaning and then incorporate it into a language of meaning.  Ji is still making sure that ‘meaning’ is really really really the meaning before they put it out there. I also see some nihilism here, in the sense that you can’t just give something meaning –  you have to make sure it really really really really means that before you move forward. So then when asked, what does your art mean? – they might say, I just want to move people. Or, I just want to have fun. Or, I want to show this particular aesthetic and how it mixes with another aesthetic.  However Pe leads will elaborate extensively on “The Meaning.” And see this process as an evolving thing.

I know I said something similar in my old post on this thread but having thought about it for a few days I really felt a need to emphasize it. The rest of the post is not something I directly relate to and yet it seems good for the Ji leads I know. Ivory did a good breakdown of his experience but that is closer to what I see in Ji leads on the whole. But when it comes to art, Ivory does not have the patience I do. I’ve been editing my book for 10 years. I was like this long before we theorized that I developed Ji.  I still haven’t released any of my 400 page books because none are good enough to do justice to the vision. Etc.  My perfectionism is definitely the enemy of my progress.

• This reply was modified 6 months, 3 weeks ago by Animal.

© Copyright 2012-2020 J.E. Sandoval
SEE HERE FOR MORE INFORMATION

DISCLAIMER

The content on this site is not
intended for medical advice, diagnosis,
or treatment. Always seek the advice
of your physician or other qualified
health provider with questions you
may have regarding a medical condition.
For more information visit this link.