Reply To: [Pe I—] How do you relate to this profile?

Home Page Forums Ask a Demographic [Pe I—] How do you relate to this profile? Reply To: [Pe I—] How do you relate to this profile?

MrTambourineMan
Participant
  • Type: NeTi
  • Development: l---
  • Attitude: Directive

Replying to @Auburn:

what would home (or making a home) look like to you?
what are some things you do, consciously or unconsciously, towards attaining it?
are there things you do to make that harder for yourself?

So I would say I have a bit more of an abstract idea of “home”. I’m looking for a place (workplace, social setting, city, you name it) that makes sense to me and lines up with my values. I guess I just want to feel comfortable and a sense of belonging.

Consciously I think I try to create that by reaching out to people, including people, trying to organize events… Subconsciously I think that’s what I’m also after when I leave a setting/place where I no longer feel comfortable and go looking for a new social group, new job, new city…

I think I do sabotage myself sometimes. That feeling of being disconnected from people and places (i.e. not feeling at home) can actually make me abrasive and judgmental and defensive around others. Sometimes it also spirals into existential despair, in which case my motivation to do anything proactive just evaporates.

© Copyright 2012-2020 J.E. Sandoval
SEE HERE FOR MORE INFORMATION

DISCLAIMER

The content on this site is not
intended for medical advice, diagnosis,
or treatment. Always seek the advice
of your physician or other qualified
health provider with questions you
may have regarding a medical condition.
For more information visit this link.