Reply To: CT Constructive Criticism

Home Page Forums The General Hall CT Constructive Criticism Reply To: CT Constructive Criticism

Tea
Participant
  • Type: NeFi
  • Development: l--l
  • Attitude: Seelie

I get this concern. This seems to be a common complaint. I agree with EpicEntity and Lady Nerdsky: Personality is multifactorial, and CT is one layer.

I take the mythology very lightly, and I’ll explain why I don’t see it as a 1:1 phenomena. The myths arise from the collective. They are formed from many instances of many people over a time span. It’s from a collection of NeTi and NeFi individuals, for example, that the puer aeternus myth or theme may draw. Or it may be based on a single instance of a Ne individual.

The cognitive functions have to with information organization and synthesis, and in my opinion, there’s little reason to expect that you’d get the same resultant behavior or story (myth) from that alone. Hence my not placing too much value on the correspondence between cognitive type and, say, occupation or area of interest. Though I have to concede that the correlation is higher than one would think could happen through chance alone. That is, similar processes might take you along similar paths. But we really can’t – and shouldn’t – simplofy personality to Jungian Cognitive Function alone.

© Copyright 2012-2020 J.E. Sandoval
SEE HERE FOR MORE INFORMATION

DISCLAIMER

The content on this site is not
intended for medical advice, diagnosis,
or treatment. Always seek the advice
of your physician or other qualified
health provider with questions you
may have regarding a medical condition.
For more information visit this link.