Reply To: [Ji] Three TiNe talking *about* their feelings?

Home Page Forums Ask a Demographic [Ji] Three TiNe talking *about* their feelings? Reply To: [Ji] Three TiNe talking *about* their feelings?

a.k.a.Janie
Participant
  • Type: FiSe
  • Development: ll--
  • Attitude: Unseelie

@ladynerdsky I noticed something as well.

@cosmo “Most of the time it’s hard for me tell the difference between anxiety and intuition.”
This x 100.

I also struggle with the exact same problem from time to time. (And last time the subject came up for me was in a group where members referred to their MBTI types, in a thread about the orientation and strength of one’s intuitive function, not Ti vs Fi). So how it is for me, sometimes I have anxiety and I’m catastrophising and wondering if something bad might happen, and wonder if maybe its an intuition that I should actually listen to. And actually, I’ve noticed a pattern that I now apply to help me distinguish: When it is a correct intuition, there’s always the memorable “lightning bolt” moment where the thought of a specific thing suddenly hits me “from the outside”, like out of nowhere. And only then do I start my thought processes about it. But I pretty much already know, anyway. On the other hand, if I was just already in a state of worrying, and then through that mindset I arrive at “oh no, what if x happens?”. Then I know that I’m actually worrying too much.

I see my approach as being sort of independent of Ji type, or any type really. Now that you’ve mentioned it, however, in light of the fact that Fi leads are known for being the most proficient at dealing with our own emotions, anxiety is tricky, as it is a secondary emotion. So it eludes my usual abilities to deal with on my own. I don’t know if you relate to this, but you did get me thinking. (Not to hijack the thread or anything.)

© Copyright 2012-2020 J.E. Sandoval
SEE HERE FOR MORE INFORMATION

DISCLAIMER

The content on this site is not
intended for medical advice, diagnosis,
or treatment. Always seek the advice
of your physician or other qualified
health provider with questions you
may have regarding a medical condition.
For more information visit this link.