Reply To: Unseelie Fi Description

Home Page Forums Cognitive Functions Unseelie Fi Description Reply To: Unseelie Fi Description

Auburn
Keymaster
  • Type: TiNe
  • Development: l--l
  • Attitude: Adaptive

@cedar – Thanks for opening up here.

Heeh! I should say that all the things you wrote in your first post in this thread sounds to me like trademark seelie Fi, so you are likely mislabeled as unseelie when you are really seelie. Do you relate more to the seelie descriptions? Let me show you a bit of what I mean and see:

Spoiler:

Cedar: I feel very close to others emotionally, even strangers. I can feel the energy they give off and make adjustments in real time to create smoother interactions. I am able to predict (extremely accurately) what their motivations are, what they are thinking and feeling, what they need in that moment and long-term. I find it easy to be able to plant seeds towards that need.

This correlates strongly to:

Profile: The Fi user exists in a constant state of high permeability; an uncontrollable receptivity to the emotional energy of other people and the world.

And this…

Cedar: I feel a natural affinity to other people, animals, plants…even ecosystems. I feel like I have an intuitive understanding of what they are communicating, mostly through body language or the observation of their outputs. I experience immense joy in tweaking inputs to get healthier and happier outputs.

Corresponds to:

But this same empathic tendency does not stop at human beings. The seelie Fi user will feel the same injury for all manner of animals. This often leads to vegetarianism and to an animal rights activism compelled by a belief that “if it has the capacity to feel pain, then it should be protected.” But this also leads to an appreciation for “creatureness” where the seelie Fi user may imprint on various other animals and come to relate more to them than humans if they share the same temperament.

And this…

Cedar: What does get me is that I have zero tolerance for the neglect of living things be they houseplants or children.

Corresponds to:

Profile: When Fi is seelie, it retains an open and unobstructed emotional channel to the world. Painful situations register with a more acute sensitivity than to most others, and they may be prone to break down in tears upon hearing a terrible story or even from looking at a photograph of impoverished or abused children.

I see about a dozen other small points like this in what you write, but I fail to give a full account of them, as they’re too many to parallel. But you do seem like an Fi-lead to me in all that you have written in this thread. The issue seems to me a mere matter of seelie versus unseelie for you — and you’re clearly psychologically seelie. I apologize for the mislabeling, as the seelie/unseelie vultology has still needed more clarity.. and it gets more complicated with flat affect too.

Um, but aside from that what else do you feel is off? You mentioned that you feel your type is “way off the mark” and I’m curious as to whether seelie Fi would answer your questions or if there’s something else that this would still not clear up?

Fe & Compassion?:

“People describe me as: emotionally available, open, friendly, passionate, well informed, kind, thoughtful, sensitive, spiritual, intuitive, old-soul, self-aware, present, compassionate, empathetic, approachable, gentle, caring, nurturing, handy, and selfless to a fault”

I wanted to offer a general note about “Fe” and ENF, since as I understand it you relate to both of these in other typology systems. Helping others, wanting to help others, being open and friendly, compassionate, empathetic and approachable… are absolutely in line with seelie Fi in CT. Members like our @bera and @faerie (SeFi and NeFi respectively) are embodiments of these qualities through seelie Fi. These are not Fe-exclusive traits but they are simply both aspects of the light side of the F attitude.

Heartitude Article

Seelie/Adaptive could be pushovers, passive aggressive, backstabbing and shit-stirrers. And Unseelie/Directive could be overly aggressive, demanding, unable to connect emotionally, and bullies. But really none of that is healthy.

Right! 🙂 And that is why it says in the article, after every header, that the following describes the function “when they fall under the weight of stress and mental illness.” The “Attitudes of the Heart” article specifically labels sections as “Under Stress” for the purpose of explicitly noting that this is not the baseline behavior.

So far, as Rondo mentioned, it has been instrumental to our members and to our general understanding of humanity to also document precisely “how” certain types fall out of health, because it does differ and people are indeed not necessarily aware. 🙂 But those sections “Under Stress” really should not be confused for the F attitude’s normal operation.

The unseelie & directive attitudes are not broken forms of seelie & adaptive, but are fully necessary, useful, and valuable aspects of the entire psychic economy of humanity (which is always dual). And they also have their own alternate ethical stances which advocate for things that are less agreeable but also very important to society.

I hope some of this clarifies your questions– I feel I likely missed a lot of them, but let me know your thoughts on the few points covered? ^^;

• This reply was modified 8 months, 1 week ago by Auburn.

© Copyright 2012-2020 J.E. Sandoval
SEE HERE FOR MORE INFORMATION

DISCLAIMER

The content on this site is not
intended for medical advice, diagnosis,
or treatment. Always seek the advice
of your physician or other qualified
health provider with questions you
may have regarding a medical condition.
For more information visit this link.