Reply To: Unseelie Fi Description

Home Page Forums Cognitive Functions Unseelie Fi Description Reply To: Unseelie Fi Description

Elisa Day
Participant
  • Type: TiSe
  • Development: ll--
  • Attitude: Adaptive

When I first read @LadyNerdsky’s Fi description I quite enthusiastically agreed with every word, but I’ve taken some time to reflect and speak in person with others of my type. My mission here is to get down to the skeleton of Fi’s “is-ness” that separates it from general Ji and unifies both Seelie and Unseelie. In the meantime I’ve also been re-typed from Unseelie to Seelie, so realistically I’m likely in the middle of the spectrum. It’s also been brought to my attention by quite a few people that there’s some Ti/Fe signals mixed in with my overall FiSe vultology as well, and I do relate more to the Ti/Fe descriptions than the Fi/Te.

That being said I can’t deny there are a few aspects of the Fi descriptions I can find evidence of existing within some of the artwork I’ve created or some other outward mode of expression even if I may not identify with the themes philosophically. Most notably is the stripping away of societal influence and uncovering the feral inner core. It’s the way it’s written that I found unrelatable, but the essence of what’s being said sneaks up from time to time when I look in the mirror. I always say you shouldn’t really type people based on what they say about themselves anyway. Typically you’ll find me describing myself based on how the majority have described me over time, and when I see people writing exhaustively long paragraphs describing themselves I wonder how they can be so sure it’s all really true.

I told Auburn I would comb through LadyNerdsky’s description and analyze the level of my own relatability in line-by-line detail, but I doubt the effectiveness of this approach. Instead I’m going to write about a simple pattern I’ve picked up amongst others of my own type regardless of heart attitude and development levels:

It seems what I have in common with other FiSe is we tend to identify with exploring the side of life we tend to describe as “haunting.” It’s like we mentally collect songs, poems, stories, films, etc that contain this specific element and drown in it over and over again. It can be like an addictive drug and perhaps a bit self-indulgent, even alienating, when overdone.

Over time and with maturity I have learned to regulate this tendency to maintain a healthy balance to avoid slipping into a spiral of catharsis. It can be a challenge to allow other types of “vibes” to penetrate my inner world and taint this carefully crafted aesthetic, but I can now understand the benefit in doing so.

People often wonder if I’m actually TiSe or NiTe when they see how I interact in text, and all my life I’ve been told I think too much and am quite heady. People would also describe me as extremely emotional and would say things impact me on a very deep level. At the same time people also describe me as far stronger and more resilient than I look. They say I surprise them in my ability to stay cool under pressure and level-headed in times of crisis. This is likely due to Ji’s tendency to disengage and over-analyze problems in a solution-oriented manner just like Ti would. In my case I tend to over-focus on solving problems with interpersonal drama and inner turmoil, and whatever crisis of the day. The presence of most people and having to accommodate them overwhelm me and take up so much of my headspace that I must isolate in order to re-connect to my personal center and think clearly again.

It’s my personal belief that when most people think of Fi they are thinking of PeFi, which is very different than FiPe. Maybe this is because PeFi are more abundant and therefore people tend to have more experience with them than with Fi leads. Perhaps it’s because Fi leads tend to remain more in the shadows while PeFi stand out. Whatever the reason, Pe is an irrational function while Fi is rational. It seems counterintuitive to think of Fi as a rational function, but it would have to be to still incorporate all of the elements of Ji.

Auburn has mentioned we should attempt to compartmentalize emotions away from Cognitive Type signals and refer to them more as Enneagram signals, which is exactly the direction the MBTI community has taken. I’m not sure that would be necessary, however. Personally I don’t relate to the parts of the Fi descriptions that talk about being disgust sensitive, but I also don’t really show disgust signals in my vultology. My most unmistakable Fi signal is my unbridled radiation, and internally I do feel overtaken by bubbling emotions fairly often and do my best to keep them contained so as not to appear too vulnerable. Hiding them is possible when writing on the internet, but in person my face and body will betray me much to my chagrin. This is interesting to me and shouldn’t be ignored. Perhaps descriptions can be custom-tailored to people based on specific signals they are actually showing instead of a one-size-fits-all. Fi comes in many flavors, and some are spicier or sweeter than others. One thing we can all seem to agree on is no one really understands Fi’s emotions, not even the Fi user ๐Ÿ˜›

ยฉ Copyright 2012-2020 J.E. Sandoval
SEE HERE FOR MORE INFORMATION

DISCLAIMER

The content on this site is not
intended for medical advice, diagnosis,
or treatment. Always seek the advice
of your physician or other qualified
health provider with questions you
may have regarding a medical condition.
For more information visit this link.