Reply To: [Ji] Three TiNe talking *about* their feelings?

Home Page Forums Ask a Demographic [Ji] Three TiNe talking *about* their feelings? Reply To: [Ji] Three TiNe talking *about* their feelings?

Auburn
Keymaster
  • Type: TiNe
  • Development: l--l
  • Attitude: Adaptive

Mmm, so I think it’s fair to say (as we’d expect) that nobody can escape the dilemma that emotions bring to the table. We all get them, we all feel them bubble up, and we all have to contend with whether we feel they’re on-base or off-base, right? For example, an Fi-lead may still feel that their own emotive response is unmatched to the situation in severity/appropriateness/etc.

But it seems, beyond having to contend with their match-or-mismatch-to-scenarios, Ti can incline people to wonder (and either accept or not) if the emotion is even valid. Fi seems to take it as a given that the information of the body is valid data, even if it brings into one’s awareness a sense that they should try doing self-work on feeling otherwise (i.e. maybe overcoming anger, sorrow, jealousy, etc).

Does this sound about right to you guys?

So if Ti determines the data of the heart is invalid, it may ignore it (repression) or try to “change the heart” through Fe’s malleability of the soul in a kind of beyond-human attempt to transcend it, rather than deal with it …from within?

But then @bella also mentioned trying to understand “why” and where it’s coming from, and I do that too. So the precise difference still eludes me here. Maybe the attempt to understand “why” and where it’s coming from, in Ti users, is still done from a sort of third-person view, more clinically than meditatively, if that makes sense?

• This reply was modified 8 months, 1 week ago by Auburn.

© Copyright 2012-2020 J.E. Sandoval
SEE HERE FOR MORE INFORMATION

DISCLAIMER

The content on this site is not
intended for medical advice, diagnosis,
or treatment. Always seek the advice
of your physician or other qualified
health provider with questions you
may have regarding a medical condition.
For more information visit this link.