Reply To: Unseelie Fi Description

Home Page Forums Cognitive Functions Unseelie Fi Description Reply To: Unseelie Fi Description

Nyx
Participant
  • Type: TiNe
  • Development: ll--
  • Attitude: Directive

@Auburn Thank you for bringing this to my attention! While I relate to some of @ladynerdsky’s description here, I don’t relate to all of it. That’s interesting you are revisiting profiles, and with mine, I have to say that I relate more to TiNe, and that I take a detached observer stance when interacting with the world. Also, I did mention when I sent you the third video via email, that I had a near fatal bicycle crash where I smashed my face in, which affected and damaged some of the nerves around my mouth, which might have something to do with certain microexpressions, like my lips moving up the left side of my face more since the right side was more damaged.

I want to say that this a great description of Fi, very concise and organized, especially from an Unseelie perspective, which should definitely be taken into account. I do think the Fi description should be reworked/refined and have separate parts for Seelie and Unseelie, since they are so different imo. Your Te shines through in this description. It’s interesting to read your posts, and looking back at our interactions with each other, where our thought processes differs. I still think it’s more obvious that I’m TiNe, and many people in my circle would agree.

I’ve never related to the Fi description, especially in regards to permeability, sensitivity or empathic abilities. I’ve never felt in touch with my emotions or the emotional atmosphere of the room or others. I actually get annoyed when something or someone tries to appeal to my emotions rather than logic, and I notice when dealing with others, I tend to try to appeal to their logic, which doesn’t always work. I process my emotions by thinking through them, from a detached analytical point of view. I struggle with understanding others’ emotions and sometimes my own. Whenever someone is upset about something I usually approach the situation by giving advice to solve the problem, because that’s what I would want, rather than emotional comfort or sympathy. As I’ve gotten older I’ve learned most people don’t appreciate that, unless they directly ask for advice. Behavior and psychology have always fascinated me because I’ve struggled with reading others or getting along with certain personalities, especially when it comes to their emotions. When people are more emotionally expressive I am not too affected by it, unless they are demanding an emotional response from me, in which case I tend to shut off because it feels intrusive or forced. When people are emotionally expressive I tend to want to know why and understand their personality code. Usually during stressful or “negative” situations, people’s true colors tend to show more easily, so it’s like seeing a rare moment of truth leaking out behind the mask. But sometimes people just complain to gain pity, which I see as burdensome, and I tend to retreat from that. I’ve also struggled to relating to the Te description. Anything to do with making money, business, etc, is super foreign and weird to me. I brought up Te because on my vultology report, Te signals were 1 shy of my Fi and Ne signals, plus Auburn confirmed I was “INTP variant” with Ti ego.

I do relate to the bit of your description in that I don’t like to burden others with my emotions, but I understand that humans are emotional beings, and sometimes emotions come out unpredictably and at inopportune times, and I like to deal with them as soon as possible, because I see them as problems (or warnings) to be fixed and dealt with, and if they are just shoved back down then they fester and may manifest in the body as illness or may create other problems such as resentment. I think emotional/social intelligence is just as important as intellectual intelligence, otherwise there will be unbalance. I don’t like it when people lean on me for emotional support because it’s difficult for me to do on demand, unless they know that I will approach the situation from a detached manner and that I will most likely try to solve instead of soothe. However, the older I get and the more loss I’ve experienced, I realize there is something to be gained to just let the emotions go and just sit in them, rather than control them. My partner recently lost his mother, and I’ve had to be more emotionally present and supportive and come to terms with my own emotions while dealing with grief. He also lost his younger brother a few years ago, plus I’ve had to face my own unresolved trauma, that I think I’m more comfortable in general with emotions than I used to be, and I try to be more present with experiencing them and being in my body, rather than in my head all the time. But I do still tend to think through my emotions, so it’s a work in progress.

When it comes to public consensus and conformity, I would say I’m generally unaffected by it, however, I do notice social and political trends. I am sometimes drawn to them, sometimes to see what the fuss is about and out of curiosity. But I don’t like religion, holidays, traditions or other things that are expected of me, because most of them are unnecessary or pointless. While I see the institution of marriage as outdated and limiting with roots in patriarchal ideology, I’m also somewhat romantic and like the idea of celebrating my love with someone. When I was younger that pull was stronger, and I think for me it has to do with feeling worthy, etc. I don’t like the expectation of taking the man’s name at all, since it has roots in women being treated as property. I understand if women want to and choose to take the man’s last name, however.

I think people should be allowed to express themselves, explore different sexualities and genders. People should be allowed to be themselves as long as it doesn’t harm anyone else. I think it’s unrealistic to expect everyone to be the same. When it comes to values, I would say when it comes to certain things I have my own set of opinions, but if presented with alternatives that sound reasonable or objectively better, than I will change my position, especially if it provokes me to think about things from a different philosophical stand point. I don’t think most things are so black and white, rather they have nuance and lots of grey areas that require philosophical exploration and are constantly changing and progressing. I enjoy sparking these types of discussions, because they can cause others to reflect on their own ideals and values, as well as my own. I think opinions and values are so personal and require a combination of both subjective and objective ideals, ie philosophy and ethics. I always try to take a neutral stance unless it’s something I feel strongly about or want to spark a discussion, but even then I don’t mind discussing or entertaining different view points. I will say, I tend to favor logical arguments over emotional ones, but it depends on the topic.

When it comes to making decisions I typically make a list of pros and cons and try to consider all avenues, unless it’s something that has an obvious objectively best route, then it’s not even a question. But I do tend to doubt if I’ve made the right decision, so I like to be certain. I’m not as organized as I’d like to be, and it brings me comfort to compartmentalize things, putting them in their proper place/box with a label. It makes it feel more precise, consistent and accurate and that I’m in control and competent.

I can be particular about things as well, but I’m also willing to try new things before being so quick to judge. Sometimes I’ll be annoyed with something or someone at first, but then as times goes on they will grow on me. I can be rather experimental in this regard, especially with my hair, makeup, clothes, and most satisfyingly my art. I feel most free when I create art. It’s my own way of releasing my emotions without having to think or talk about them. I also feel release during exercise. It makes me feel in control of my life and more in touch with my body and essence, which I think I neglect on a regular basis. I do tend to struggle with keeping my living area clutter free. My desk and room are usually messy. However, when it comes to keeping things “clean” I’m quite good at that. The kitchen and bathroom are spotless, but there is more clutter than I would like.

I’m not sure how people would describe me. I tend to think I’m more present and involved than I actually am, because I often get feedback that I’m detached or that they miss me, wish we could interact more, etc, when it already feels like I’m giving so much. Most of the time I’m too in my head to realize. Anyway, I hope this was helpful. Let me know if you want me to clarify anything. I suppose I can always make another video if we need more data.

Edit: I wanted to mention that even though CT and Enneagram are separate systems and don’t necessarily correlate, I was officially typed as 5w6 593 so/sx. The Fi description, especially Seelie, is the opposite of everything type 5, whereas type 5 is more in alignment with Ti. Also, so/sx may come across as more Fi in quality, especially since I am artistic.

• This reply was modified 8 months, 2 weeks ago by Nyx.
  • This reply was modified 8 months, 2 weeks ago by Nyx.
  • This reply was modified 8 months, 1 week ago by Nyx.

© Copyright 2012-2020 J.E. Sandoval
SEE HERE FOR MORE INFORMATION

DISCLAIMER

The content on this site is not
intended for medical advice, diagnosis,
or treatment. Always seek the advice
of your physician or other qualified
health provider with questions you
may have regarding a medical condition.
For more information visit this link.