Reply To: Happy 2020! :) New years resolutions?

Home Page Forums The General Hall Happy 2020! :) New years resolutions? Reply To: Happy 2020! :) New years resolutions?

a.k.a.Janie
Participant
  • Type: FiSe
  • Development: ll--
  • Attitude: Unseelie

Happy 2020. 🙂

1. I can honestly say I’ve gotten somewhere in terms of personal development (one of my main goals in life since an epiphany 12 years ago). For one thing, of course, I stumbled into CT just a month ago, and am super grateful for this.
Also, I can see my progress when going back and reading through my dream journal, as well as comparing posts I wrote in some support groups to my present situation.
As far as physical health, I’ve made one unprecedented accomplishment this year, and started a couple other really nice habits (running and swimming).

2. Well, although I’ve been setting new year’s resolutions since at least 1995, this year I decided to only set some intentions, because I realized that when I force myself to accomplish things, I am actually conditioning my self-love upon their achievement in an imagined future, which is actually worse for me (more insidious/self-sabotaging) than not accomplishing any of the things.
Nevertheless, I hope to digitally detox my phone, and to grow in my level of self-awareness / consciousness. Also to move to another city.

3. I generally try to avoid making predictions, but I may have a slight inkling / hope that it will be calmer than a lot of people fear on a worldwide scale, esp. regarding the climate. Don’t know if it will be because of the Green New Deal, though.

© Copyright 2012-2020 J.E. Sandoval
SEE HERE FOR MORE INFORMATION

DISCLAIMER

The content on this site is not
intended for medical advice, diagnosis,
or treatment. Always seek the advice
of your physician or other qualified
health provider with questions you
may have regarding a medical condition.
For more information visit this link.