Reply To: CT Psychoanalysis

Home Page Forums Spirituality & Philosophy CT Psychoanalysis Reply To: CT Psychoanalysis

Alice
Participant
  • Type: FiSe
  • Development: ll--
  • Attitude: Unseelie

The potential psychoanalytic / therapeutic potential that CT has is my main interest in CT as well, and growth / psychotherapy remains a subject of lifelong interest of mine to deeply understand and pursue. I have for a while now been interested in expanding the psychological cues for each function, and it’s really really nice to read all this!

I have suspected that the functions are certain clusters or networks within the physical neurology of the brain as well, but not knowing much about neurology at all, I wasn’t sure how accurate this might be. It’s very cool to see someone else came to the same possible conclusion independently.

Not to make this post a novel, but I’ve also been interested in the unconscious for most of my life as well. In the Jungian sense, the Shadow is all those things we reject in ourselves in order to have a personality we can identify with. Without our Shadow, there is no self, because it really is half of our self. We define the self with negatives as much as we do positives (I am not brutal, I am kind; I am not unthinking, I am attentive; etc). I have often wondered since discovering CT if the unconscious functions play the role of the Shadow in a way. The shadow is always with us, and if we are not careful, it rules us. Learning to integrate and accept the unconscious parts of yourself was one of the messages Jung most urgently tried to give to people in his work, in my opinion. CT being based on Jungian typology, could this be a quantified and modern variation on the same message?

© Copyright 2012-2020 J.E. Sandoval
SEE HERE FOR MORE INFORMATION

DISCLAIMER

The content on this site is not
intended for medical advice, diagnosis,
or treatment. Always seek the advice
of your physician or other qualified
health provider with questions you
may have regarding a medical condition.
For more information visit this link.