Reply To: Is it even worth it? Making Ni Conscious

Home Page Forums Cognitive Functions Is it even worth it? Making Ni Conscious Reply To: Is it even worth it? Making Ni Conscious

a.k.a.Janie
Participant
  • Type: FiSe
  • Development: ll--
  • Attitude: Unseelie

I found this interesting to listen to, because I also apparently am in a position to develop Ni, but I have way different functions. Hearing from an extrovert with Ti about this, is so different but with some similarities.

First, my thought is that as a Fi dom, Ni seems totally benign and not scary to me. The way I see it, my dominant function is already all about experiencing all emotions all across the spectrum, which plenty of people aren’t wired to want to do, for very understandable reasons. Anyway, there is I guess one thing I thought scared me about Ni, and that is, that Ne feels safer to me, because it doesn’t immediately hone in on one explanation as being the one. It leaves it open-ended. So, this probably sounds weird, but sometimes I’m afraid that Ni might give me a conclusion that something bad will happen, when I’d rather not know. But as I try to type this out, it doesn’t hold up to logic. I think I’m just describing fear, which everyone has.

I also really appreciate Ni in other people. A relative of my boyfriend is an INTJ, and I love what he does for a job. It seems a perfect fit for Ni-Te, and I’m sometimes a bit envious that I’ll never be as good as that as he is.

I related to the part at the end about synchronicities and how they can make you just sort of be in the right place at the right time, and it helps people. I love that. As I learn to discover the Se I didn’t even know I had at all (I always test INFP on quizzes, ever since high school), I can only hope to become more open to those kind of occurrences, myself. And so, on the one hand, I’m almost like, ‘Yeah, of course you want to develop Ni! You already have these really cool experiences, and the Ni could make things even better!’ But on the other hand, I can see how for an Se dom, you might be more comfortable the way you are, interacting with the world. And that conscious Ti is already enough of a slowing, inward force, and can already serve some of the purposes that Ni would.

Interesting food for thought. I like the chill attitude, and am interested to see how that goes for you, especially with me being where I’m at right now, approaching a similar point but from a very different path.

© Copyright 2012-2020 J.E. Sandoval
SEE HERE FOR MORE INFORMATION

DISCLAIMER

The content on this site is not
intended for medical advice, diagnosis,
or treatment. Always seek the advice
of your physician or other qualified
health provider with questions you
may have regarding a medical condition.
For more information visit this link.