Reply To: Self-Improvement & Sense of Purpose. Do you Need it? How does it Work for You?

Home Page Forums Cognitive Functions Self-Improvement & Sense of Purpose. Do you Need it? How does it Work for You? Reply To: Self-Improvement & Sense of Purpose. Do you Need it? How does it Work for You?

Animal
Participant
  • Type: SeFi
  • Development: lll-
  • Attitude: Unseelie

@GreenCoyote

It makes sense except that as a Pe lead, I can’t relate to it. I am not someone who ‘doesn’t know why’ I am doing things. I’m self conscious, self-digging, self-exploring…. to a fault. I always feel a sense of purpose even if sometimes this is a delusion – I strongly err on this side. So it cannot be “Pe’ but rather you personally who feels this. My theory is that the difference is more rooted in enneagram. Because each enneagram type has its own motivations which either lend itself to a defined ‘sense of purpose’ or don’t.

I always feel that I’m aware of why I’m doing things and what the point of it is. I don’t plan out each moment nor do I want to. But I have a general scheme that I follow and if I see myself veering away, I ask myself why and I self examine. To me the idea of purposelessness and ‘moment to moment happenstance’ seems less fun than suicide.  I do think that other people can enjoy this and live this way, quite honestly, happily and productively – but it’s not me. I could not let go of my self-examining impulses and ‘sense of meaning’ if I tried.

• This reply was modified 9 months, 1 week ago by Animal.

© Copyright 2012-2020 J.E. Sandoval
SEE HERE FOR MORE INFORMATION

DISCLAIMER

The content on this site is not
intended for medical advice, diagnosis,
or treatment. Always seek the advice
of your physician or other qualified
health provider with questions you
may have regarding a medical condition.
For more information visit this link.