Reply To: Trauma might be an offering of insight from the unconscious

Home Page Forums Cognitive Functions Trauma might be an offering of insight from the unconscious Reply To: Trauma might be an offering of insight from the unconscious

Scientiam
Participant
  • Type: TiSe
  • Development: llll
  • Attitude: Directive

@jay, Great post. I agree with a lot of what you are saying here, putting it in better words and more perceptive than I could even though I share some of your experiences. I would also say that trauma/punishment can be self-inflicted too and which can stop one’s development, which I think you kind of touch upon when you say there is a splitting of personality of ego and alter-ego (shadow?) (that is, in not forgiving oneself/one’s past (so one can also forgive others too) and not allowing oneself to let the old die and the new be birthed (ego/alter-ego converge to be one/the Self). One get’s stuck because the psyche wants to advance (the unconscious wants the self to grow/adapt, that’s the power it has, so perhaps it takes more drastic means (chaos creating alter-ego) to show one how consciously one is stopping/avoiding their own development because one can’t accept the change. The more one avoids, the more painful/drastic the situation can become.

© Copyright 2012-2020 J.E. Sandoval
SEE HERE FOR MORE INFORMATION

DISCLAIMER

The content on this site is not
intended for medical advice, diagnosis,
or treatment. Always seek the advice
of your physician or other qualified
health provider with questions you
may have regarding a medical condition.
For more information visit this link.