Reply To: Undertones of Explicit Judgment and Unconscious Motivation

Home Page Forums Politics & Current Events Undertones of Explicit Judgment and Unconscious Motivation Reply To: Undertones of Explicit Judgment and Unconscious Motivation

Faeruss
Participant
  • Type: FeNi
  • Development: llll
  • Attitude: Directive

I am sorry to hear that you are feeling unfairly judged, @jay. For the record, I have no problem with you. I know I have some propensities towards being judgmental, or patronising, but I hope they have not reared their ugly heads too much in our interactions. As you say in your video, I too say the truth, or at least I strive to, and I am not afraid of telling people if I think they are wrong. I try to do this in the best spirit, to lift everyone up, and not to prop myself up, but I may sometimes fail. The church Fathers tell us that God seems angry at times, think here of the Old Testament, Sodom and Gomorrah, etc, not because He is vengeful or anything of that nature but because He loves us, and wants the best for us, and will not tolerate us straying from the straight and narrow path. You are not angry with the child of another family for becoming a drug-addict, say, but you certainly are with your own. Perhaps such framing of criticism as embedded in love, love for the higher and for life, is best.

• This reply was modified 10 months, 1 week ago by Faeruss.

© Copyright 2012-2020 J.E. Sandoval
SEE HERE FOR MORE INFORMATION

DISCLAIMER

The content on this site is not
intended for medical advice, diagnosis,
or treatment. Always seek the advice
of your physician or other qualified
health provider with questions you
may have regarding a medical condition.
For more information visit this link.