Reply To: Massive argument on Fakebook about Vultology

Home Page Forums Vultology & Learning Center Massive argument on Fakebook about Vultology Reply To: Massive argument on Fakebook about Vultology

Auburn
Keymaster
  • Type: TiNe
  • Development: l--l
  • Attitude: Adaptive

@jay – oh man, seems I could have been more graceful here. Although this thread was public from the first post (i.e. visible to guests of the forum) and Echidna could have purchased an ebook/typing at any point, and that would also auto-generate an account to post with, even before the typing. Access to this forum happens upon purchase.

That said, I agree with this being the core of it…

we should not have talked like this about someone who was not here, which is our decision and responsibility.

But it’s also cathartic to talk it out now, even if a little uncomfortable. I’m glad apologies are being shared both ways. Echidna did not strike me as a foul person from the videos I watched on his channel, and I made a general character judgment on his capacity to offer CT a healthy contrast, a new perspective to mull over, and possibly even friendship.

Seeing his discussion with Ben about Model A vs G inspired me to engage in discourse because I noticed that his skepticism is usually about feeling an argument has insufficient reason/support, rather than on unfair attachment to ideas. I tend to trust my sense of when a person is coming from an intellectually honest place, and Jack feels intellectually honest to me.

His criticisms of CT also seem healthy to me, and appropriate for anyone who’s yet to be given certain answers. Anyhow, I think his intent will evidence itself in the end, and this all may have been a misunderstanding from a bad first impression.

Still, Jay, I’m sorry for the lack of privacy. Presently this forum is not really “private” except for the board here, but maybe we can discuss adding such an area to the forum.

• This reply was modified 10 months, 1 week ago by Auburn.

© Copyright 2012-2020 J.E. Sandoval
SEE HERE FOR MORE INFORMATION

DISCLAIMER

The content on this site is not
intended for medical advice, diagnosis,
or treatment. Always seek the advice
of your physician or other qualified
health provider with questions you
may have regarding a medical condition.
For more information visit this link.