Reply To: Se Realism, Ne Surrealism & Identity

Home Page Forums Cognitive Functions Se Realism, Ne Surrealism & Identity Reply To: Se Realism, Ne Surrealism & Identity

Chiron
Participant
  • Type: TiNe
  • Development: ll-l
  • Attitude: Adaptive

Great post @auburn! I really like the way you describe how Se is embedded in the timeless worldview of Ni ^^ Your lovely graph helps me make sense of the holism and inevitability that emerges in Se/Ni, vs the compartmentalization and changeable possibility seen with Ne/Si 👌

You mention your and Bella’s proclivity to escape the imperfect real world into a fantasy realm.. I relate a lot with this too 🙂 I think I mentioned before how I constructed an alternate world called Unisis, and spent much of my childhood daydreaming of being part of that realm where fantasy creatures existed and everyone was immortal ;p This kind of daydreaming reminds me of:

I want to mention though that I’ve had discussions with @animal about this topic, and she describes having a very similar experience! Her world of Erosia parallels my Unisis in a lot of ways, and we both were motivated to build these alternate realities to escape the pain and unfairness of real life.. We also both have had a deep desire to find our ‘tribe’ or ‘kin’ who we felt were others from our world. So I think it’s not just Ne that does this sort of thing, it seems to me that it’s a product of imagination – and perhaps Pe in general as it relates to the process of imagining..

© Copyright 2012-2020 J.E. Sandoval
SEE HERE FOR MORE INFORMATION

DISCLAIMER

The content on this site is not
intended for medical advice, diagnosis,
or treatment. Always seek the advice
of your physician or other qualified
health provider with questions you
may have regarding a medical condition.
For more information visit this link.