Reply To: The evaluation of identity: Fi vs Ti

Home Page Forums Cognitive Functions The evaluation of identity: Fi vs Ti Reply To: The evaluation of identity: Fi vs Ti

Scientiam
Participant
  • Type: TiSe
  • Development: llll
  • Attitude: Directive

@teatime,

I use this sheep/dogs in a fence analogy with Fe and sheep/dog chained to a post analogy with Fi to show how we draw (epistemologically) our constraints.

My Ti is offended if you are calling me an Fe sheep🤣.

@bera

It looks like there is a core formed of receptivity and love (I have seen them called spaciousness and passion – if this is of any help). I am not completely sure if this is one substance that can take 2 different forms or have 2 different attributes  (like water reflecting and nourishing) or if they are 2 substances that can never be completely separated from each other

Yes, and at the core perhaps there is also repugnance and hate? Which I think feeds on our animal instincts/emotions for living life. Both Fi/Te and Ti/Fe are manifested in our need for bonding/acceptance/identity/survival/attacking but in different ways. One thing I noticed on in your post is that Fi builds a belief structure through their “core” attraction/repulsion, while I feel Ti does the same way (as in there is an element of instinctual attraction/repulsion) but through a method of attraction and repulsion that finds inconsistencies in relationships if information. And the self is not thought of as coming from inside but as a process of delineating relationships. What do you think?

• This reply was modified 10 months, 2 weeks ago by Scientiam.

© Copyright 2012-2020 J.E. Sandoval
SEE HERE FOR MORE INFORMATION

DISCLAIMER

The content on this site is not
intended for medical advice, diagnosis,
or treatment. Always seek the advice
of your physician or other qualified
health provider with questions you
may have regarding a medical condition.
For more information visit this link.