Reply To: Type & Esotericism?

Home Page Forums Vultology & Learning Center Type & Esotericism? Reply To: Type & Esotericism?

Thana
Participant
  • Type: NiTe
  • Development: lll-
  • Attitude: Unseelie

My use of divination is similar to @Bera’s. Nonetheless, the end goal is an eventual inner transformation of the self, but the road to that transformation is actually quite grounded, methodical, and requires discipline. For example, some banishing rituals are nothing more cognitive psychotechnologies to cut away intrusive and unwanted thought patterns. The mechanism is less divine and more grounded and practical, and a lot of these practices can be incorporated as DBT or CBT practices. My overall aim to be a more effective and powerful version of myself which can only be achieved through practice, discipline, and self-reflection. I don’t necessarily believe in God, but the saying “God only helps those who help themselves” rings true in this context. Power and progress don’t come from the divine or anything transcendent but is wholly immanent from within the self, and one that needs be brought out through a lot of self-work.

My interest in esoterica mainly stems from my insatiable curiosity. I have this rapacious need to know. Even though I’m no longer in school I still study, namely typology, philosophy, religion, and of course esoterica. But there’s a deeper motivation than just knowledge; it’s to expand my worldview, to increase the flexibility of my mind, to keep my critical thinking skills sharp, and to eventually combine these systems to create a more comprehensive and holistic worldview, all of which have immediate and long-term beneficial effects. It helps that all of these systems are already connected and overlap in important ways.

• This reply was modified 11 months, 1 week ago by Thana.

© Copyright 2012-2020 J.E. Sandoval
SEE HERE FOR MORE INFORMATION

DISCLAIMER

The content on this site is not
intended for medical advice, diagnosis,
or treatment. Always seek the advice
of your physician or other qualified
health provider with questions you
may have regarding a medical condition.
For more information visit this link.